Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium Activities
- Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium Activities
Management of the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium was developed and established by Okinawa Commemorative National Government Park Office as a specific park facility development project; its maintenance and the management project was conducted by the independent administrative institution, Urban Renaissance Agency, which is operated by Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation.
Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation is also promoting an ecological investigation of coral reef that is expected to contribute to the breeding exhibition held at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium; the foundation is moreover undertaking an effort to do survey research for environment preservation.
Please see below for more details on management and about Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation.
- About the management of Ocean Expo Park
- About Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation
- About the activities undertaken by the management foundation
About the activities of Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation
Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation is involved in such social contribution activities as conducting park-related survey research projects, development and dissemination of technology, awareness-raising projects, and ensuring that the results of those activities redound to the benefit of the public.
Survey research, development and dissemination of technology, and awareness-raising projects
- Survey research on coral
- Survey research on sea turtles
- Survey research on sea animals
- Survey research on dolphins
- Survey research on marine life inhabiting Okinawa
- Collaborative research with universities and research institutes
We are also conducting a project on subtropical plants and Shurijo Castle.
The Okinawa Commemorative National Government Park management and operation program
- Management of Ocean Expo Park Area
- Ocean Exposition Commemorative Park Management Foundation and Ocean Expo Park Management Center have undertaken the maintenance management operations of the Okinawa Commemorative National Government Park in order to contribute to the healthy development of citizens of Japan.
Aquarium affiliated facilities (Okichan Theater, Dolphin Lagoon, Manatee Pool, Sea Turtle Pool), Tropical Dream Center, Oceanic Culture Museum, Native Okinawan Village, Tropical & Subtropical Arboretum of the City Greenery Project, Greenery Kingdom, and Emerald Beach are all managed by the government.
*Please note that there are reading mistake.