The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is located in Ocean Expo Park. Stop by and say hello to Dolphins, Sea Turtles, and other friends of the sea in the neighboring attractions.
Learn more about the amazing abilities of dolphins
At Dolphin Lagoon you can observe dolphins up close and personal.
You can learn more about the abilities and physical characteristics of dolphins first-hand at the Dolphin Viewing experience held every day. We also hold our Dolphin Contact Experience on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
At Dolphin Lagoon you can meet "Fuji", our bottlenose dolphin who swims with an artificial tail fin.
- Please note that you may get splashed with water around the pool due to the movements of the dolphins.
- For the re-entry of the Aquarium during the same day, please get a re-entry stamp on your hand from the staff before leaving the Aquarium. Your ticket stub is also valid for re-entry.
- It is a 5-minute walk from the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium exit.
- If you use a tour bus, get off at number 3, “Okichan Theater”.
- There have been cases where the animals have died due to things dropped into the water. Please be careful not to throw or drop any thing into the pool since it may accidently be swallowed by the marine animals.
- Please do not use things like bouncy balls in the pool area which may get into the pool.
- Due to safety concerns, visitors who do not understand Japanese are requested not to join the Dolphin Contact Experience.
Marine life found in this area
Programs in this Area
At the Dolphin Viewing program you can learn up close and personal about the physical characteristics of dolphins and the methods used by the aquarium to manage the dolphin's health.
- Dolphin Viewing (open everyday)
- Start time: 11:30/13:30/15:00(15min/per)
You can feed dolphin from the deck of Dolphin Lagoon without reservation. Young child must be accompanied by their parents.
- Dolphin Feeding Experience (open everyday)
- Time： 10:00～12:00、13:00～16:00
Fee ： 500yen／1bucket
- This program will be terminated when the limit number is reached on the day even in the time above.
- Due to weather condition, physical condition of animal, and any other reasons, this program may be subject to change.
- Check out what's behind the aquarium tank!
- If you go around behind the Dolphin Lagoon tank, you will find a circular window. From here, you can observe the dolphins swimming underwater. We hope you take some time to watch the dolphins here as well.
*Please note that there are reading mistake.