Journey to the “Kuroshio”
We introduce you the must-see points including Kuroshio Sea Tank, the main attraction of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium and other interesting exhibits like Shark Research Lab.
- Aquarium Area Guide
- Journey to the “Kuroshio”
- Exploring the Kuroshio (Behind the Scenes Observation Course)
An exciting and impressive exploration of the Kuroshio Sea tank
Exploring the Kuroshio Sea Tank
(Behind the Scenes Observation Course)
Exploring the Kuroshio Freely
This popular program "Exploring the Kuroshio Sea Tank" in which you can sea the gigantic tank from the observation deck freely without advance reservation
Location: enter from the 1st floor elevator near by Kuroshio Sea Tank.
|1st Opening||Closed||2nd Opening|
Close for maintenance
Aquarium Closing Time
|Every tour takes approx.
|Staff Guides are available (in Japanese).
10:30 / 11:30 / 12:00 / 12:30 / 13:30 / 14:00 / 18:00 /
18:30*Summer only (Mar - Sep)
- Last Admission is 30 min before closing time.
- No Additional Tickets are required
- This area is not air-conditioned.
If you are in poor physical condition, please refrain from participating in this program.
- Learn more at the Whale Shark and Manta Ray Corner
- In the Whale Shark and Manta Ray Corner, we provide all the information you need to know about whale sharks (the largest fish) and manta rays (the largest rays). There's an array of fascinating material about the lives of these animals, including a video - well worth looking at before you go to"kuroshio" sea tank.
- Feel their size! Whale Sharks swimming just beneath your feet.
- You can walk right above the Kuroshio Sea's gigantic tank during Exploring Kuroshio. Make sure to observe the whale sharks swimming between your feet through the clear acrylic floor.
*Please note that there are reading mistake.