The Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium is located in Ocean Expo Park. Stop by and say hello to Dolphins, Sea Turtles, and other friends of the sea in the neighboring attractions.
Learn more about the amazing feats of dolphins!
Harnessing the phenomenal physical abilities of dolphins, this is a fun show featuring bottlenose dolphins and false killer whales. During the show, you can listen to a commentary on the ecology and abilities of dolphins.
Enjoy the dynamic leaping and entertaining chorus of the dolphins against a background of blue sea.
- Admission to Okichan Theater is free.
- Special seats are available for those in wheelchairs.
- Please note that you may get splashed with water if you sit in the very front seats.
- For the re-entry of the Aquarium during the same day, please get a re-entry stamp on your hand from the staff before leaving the Aquarium. Your ticket stub is also valid for re-entry.
- It is a 5-minute walk from the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium exit.
- If you use a tour car, get off at number 3, “Okichan Theater”.
- Please note that the program subject to change without prior note.
- Please be careful not to throw or drop anything into the pool to prevent the marine animals death by swallowing.
- Please do not use things like bouncy balls in the pool area which may get into the pool.
Marine life found in this area
Programs in this Area
The dolphins will welcome you with dynamic leaping and an entertaining chorus.
- Show time (approx 20 minutes)
At the Underwater Show Pool, you can learn about the ecology of dolphins while observing them through a glass window.
- Diver Show (approx. 15 min)
Churaumi Aquarium Tank Talk
- Can a dolphin swim with its eyes blindfolded?
- The dolphin has the ability to identify the location, shape, size and material of an object by emitting ultrasound (click sound) and listening to the sound reflected from the object, which enables them to navigate in the poor visibility of the sea water. This ability is called “echolocation”. Using echolocation, dolphins can identify the material of an object with their eyes blindfolded!