- General Visitors
- Advance Reservations, Groups and Overseas Visitors
- For Press and Media or Requests for Photographic Material
- Q.We would like to know more about Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium.
Please go to “Welcome to Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium” for more information about the features and exhibits of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. View “Service Information” for more information about services available inside Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. Please see below for other information.
- Opening Hours and Admission
- General Outline of Ocean Expo Park
- Access – How to Get Here
- Operational Management of Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
- Ocean Expo Commemorative Park Management Foundation
- Q.Is it possible to scuba diving in the tanks?
We are sorry to disappoint you but we don’t have any service for these reasons as follows.
Diving in our Aquarium has not been accepted because of the safety reason for both of visitors and species so that they don’t get stressed much.
As for the diving at tanks by our Aquarium staff, they minimalize the diving for same reasons.
We trust that for these reasons you will understand that we have had enough maintenance with the greatest possible care for it.
- Q.What are the directions to the Aquarium?
There are several ways to access Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium from Naha Airport; by car (rental car included), highway bus, route bus, and taxi. It takes approximately two hours by car, and about three hours by highway bus. Please see below for more details about general access.
- Q.Do you rent strollers and wheelchairs?
A limited number of strollers and wheelchairs are available on first-come, first-served basis, at each entrance gate and each facility information desk at Ocean Expo Park. Please ask our staff for more details when you visit.
However, we do not accept reservations in advance.
- Q.Can I have more details about open hours and admission at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium?
Open Hours at Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium are from 8:30 to 18:30 during the normal period (October – February). However, hours are extended from 8:30 to 20:00 during the summer season (March – September). Discount tickets such as the Annual Passport and “After 4 PM Tickets” are available. Please see “Open Hours & Admission” for more details.
- Q.Are there services for Guests with disabilities?
we provide a free rental service for electric wheelchairs(10) at the Information desk located in the Aquarium entrance.
Main access ways at each facility can be used by wheelchairs (including transportation by elevators between 1F and 3/4F). Our restaurant “Inoh” is equipped with specially-designed tables, allowing most wheelchairs to fit level with the tables. Holders of disability or nursing certifications should present your certification at the ticket counter to receive admission exemption.
- Q.Do we need to make a reservation in the case of a group (more than 20 people)?
No, we don’t require reservations for group visitors, except in the case of school groups. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following location:
Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium Management Office
- Q.Is it possible to make inquiries by e-mail?
Yes, we do accept e-mail inquiries. However, it would be helpful if you took a look at the FAQ page beforehand. When you can’t find an answer there, please contact us through the 【Inquiry Form】.
- Q.What are the times for the Dolphin Programs?
Visit Okichan Theater for Dolphin programs. Each show lasts approx. 15 to 20 minutes and it’s free of charge. Please check the following for more details.
- Q.Are there restaurants in the Aquarium?
We have a restaurant and a cafe at Aquarium: Restaurant Inoh which is located on the 4F of the Aquarium, and Café Ocean Blue which is located inside the Aquarium. There are also several cafés and snack shops in the Park.
Question not Answered?
If the information you were looking for was not in the FAQ, please contact us directly, either by telephone or by filling out an inquiry form.